Saturday, May 7, 2016

Diva Challenge #266 Crux, Kaleidoscopic Color, 14 Shades of Gray and Ellish...or Allish?

Gentle Readers,

I appreciate your patience in waiting for my post - it seems I'm moving ever farther past Thursday to now...Saturday!  I guess I get so involved with the tangling that I don't stop to record and organize.  I must admit, that is one of my lifelong challenges.  I used to HATE when the powers-that-be at work asked us to keep track of everything we do.  That takes way longer than the doing!  Thank goodness those days are gone.

Before I forget, Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful, loving, supportive, challenged, overwhelmed, affectionate but frazzled, totally human (and even the non-human!) mothers out there!  May all your progeny shower you with every accolade on your special day.  My own mother departed so very many years ago, just four days after her 30th birthday, and I never had the opportunity to share a Mother's Day with her.  I still love you, Mommy!

On to this week's "Zentanglish" musings:

DIVA CHALLENGE #266 CRUX

Last week I promised to work in some color.  I have been playing around with new watercolors and trying out various papers, stretching techniques, brushes, washes, etc.  This is all new to me - I haven't really used watercolor since I painted them into my childhood coloring book pages.  So much to learn!  When I started working with the featured tangle Crux, I thought from the start that it cried out for color.  Somehow the crystalline forms reminded me of what I saw peering through the opening of those little Kaleidoscopes I loved as a child.



I applied the color sparingly in this case, but added lots of black to simulate that feeling of the dark hole in the tube with the colored light shining through. 


NO COLOR BUT BLACK, WHITE AND 14 SHADES OF GRAY

On the other end of the color spectrum, I received my 14 Shades of Gray kit from the supremely talented Sonya Yencer and Jenny Peruzzi.  This kit describes a method of taking your featured tangle from black and white to a misty gray on your tile.  It is such a lovely transition and way to soften the look of a bold tangle.  I have lots more to learn through practice and inspiration from other 14-Shaders, but here are my two contributions to the mix.

Ciceron

Eye-wah


ELLISH OR...ALLISH!

I tried the new official tangle Ellish, but it kept going its own way, turning into an "A".  One of the FB group commenters said "I love your Allish!", so that is what I will call it.

Allish on a Ring

Allish with Ruutz

So, Dear Readers, thank you for stopping by today.  Have a beautiful Mother's Day weekend and enjoy your families.  Know that I cherish all your thoughts and comments and would love to hear from you.

Namaste,
Antonine

13 comments:

  1. I love your Challenge tile ... the color is beautiful and the blackened background made it just pop. And you're right, it does remind me of a kaleidoscope! The black, white, and gray pieces are beautifully done. It has been years (too many for me to mention!) since I attempted that kind of work in college. Since life got in the way of studies, I just haven't spent the time I probably should have keeping sharp on techniques. I love you Ellish pieces too. I need to work on that one a bit more to have it flow so smooth. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, like your Challenge tile very much: a beautiful design with splendid colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tiles! I never thought to use a kaleidoscope as inspiration. How clever. :)

    Your Allish looks wonderful. I haven't played around with that tangle yet, so seeing your tile has reminded me to do so.

    Happy Mother's Day to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your tiles are great! I love the kaleidoscope reference in the challenge tile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tiles and that way of shades of grey is beautiful. Happy Mothers day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and very inspiring work! I like your kaleidoscop idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much inspiration! Beautiful work. Remember how at the beginning we were encouraged only to use black and white? I'm so glad that's no longer the "rule." While I truly love black and white pieces - colorful ones are equally wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work! Your "Allish" is gorgeous! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work! I love the Diva piece-it really does look like a kaleidoscope;-) Your Allish on a ring is absolutely stunning and your shades of grey are perfectly ghostly. Thanks for the inspiration;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun to add watercolors in this way. Beautifully done. You've done beautiful shades of gray tiles also. The "Alish" with Ruutz is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great kaleidoscope tile, I love the way it is waving like a banner. Both your Allish are wonderful and I think you must have inspired Maria because since you posted yours on Mosaic she has gone Alphabellish bonkers now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kaleidoscope Crux is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My daughter (Annabel) suffered schizophrenia for 5 years. I had no idea what was happening and didn’t know where to turn for help. It was hard then because I really didn’t understand the symptoms earlier until she was diagnosed. There was a time she decided to get away from everyone, I was not excluded. I had to sit and cry almost every day because I felt helpless as a single mother (she is all I have got). The anguish I went through taking care of her alone is beyond explanation because there was no support whatsoever from the dad or family members. I fought for proper medical care and humane treatment; I did everything within my reach to get her cured but all to no avail. Countless different medications was prescribed (Zyprexa, fluphenazine, Risperdal, quetiapine, etc.) that she was taking but all we could get was myriad of side effects such as rigidity, drowsiness, dizziness, tremors and restlessness which tends to worsen the already damaged situation. Frustration was the order of the day. I wrote a couple of messages to Ontario Mental Health Foundation for help because watching my daughter go through such was devastating. It was at this foundation someone shared a testimony about DR Sunday herbal medicine, how effective it is and how she went through the most difficult times of her life trying to help her mom fight Schizophrenia. Being that I was already at the verge of giving up because I just couldn't imagine waking up every morning to fight the same demons that left me so tired the night before. I had to contact the doctor,on his email  (drsundayherbalcenter@gmail.com)  from our conversations; I was relieved and convinced that the result is going to be positive because I was made to contact people with worse cases. Today, the awful situation of my daughter has gone by. Her happy life is back. She is now a schizophrenia survivor and I am glad because my daily routine activities can now kick off without obstructions. Don't let Schizophrenia hinder you from living a desired life and also, never allow anyone to decide for you especially when they don't know what you have to go through to get to where you are. I was almost discouraged by the doctor but then, I remembered that: I have to shield my daughter’s destiny with courage, faith and perseverance because she is not in her right state of mind and that the bravery and freedom from fear is found in the ‘doing’. Her life is now a testimony. After my daughter got cured,from the herbal mix medicine Dr Sunday prepared and sent to me, she said, Mom “I just thought, ‘Well, I’m a weirdo, I’ll never be normal, then I said, my daughter, life itself is a misery and we get stronger in the places we have been broken. Thanks to you Dr. Sunday  for your excellent counseling, no more psychotic symptoms for the past 3 years and 4 months now. To know more about Dr.Sunday and the effectiveness of his Herbs and roots extracts and he said he got cures for diseases like Bipolar,DIABETES, HPV,SHINGLES,CANCER, ALS, HEPATITIS B, KIDNEY DISEASE, HERPES, Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, Bladder cancer,Skin cancer, Prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer,. You can reach him on his Email at ... drsundayherbalcenter@gmail.com.  I believe you will testify just like me.

    ReplyDelete